Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows

Ok well actually only sunshine but I am happy :)

This weekend was the best weekend I've had in a long time. I'm actually completely serious when I say I'd forgotten what it was like to have a weekend where I could just hang out with friends and not feel like I should be doing any work.

And now it is study week and I actually feel like I'm ready to start studying. Which is a big change from Friday lunchtime when I had just finished a test, and had handed in two completed assignments, the last of the 5 due in the last two weeks of term, and was feeling dead and totally unmotivated.

I went to Hanmer from Friday night till Saturday with some friends from church and had a great time relaxing and just hanging out with friends. Yay for friends, they are so cool :) Then yesterday I went to church in the morning, and then spent the rest of the day hanging out with friends, went to church again last night, then hung out with friends some more.

I really think that this weekend was possibly the best weekend I have ever had. I love just hanging out with friends, especially when I know I don't have anything else that I should be doing. People are my favourite.

And I'm excited about my future. There's so many things I want to do both short-term and long-term, and I still don't know how I'm going to do most of them but right now it doesn't seem to matter. I feel like I'm ready to try following God the way I should again. I know I'm going to stuff up but to be honest right now I don't care.

I am sunburnt which means summer is here, and it seems that I have reached summer in my life as well. Okay so not everything is perfect, in fact some things are far from it but I don't really care right now. I believe they call this feeling contentment...

No comments: