Sunday, June 24, 2007

Let it rain :)

This morning when I got up for work at 5am. Then I looked out the window to find it was raining heavily and I had to bike to work. So it didn't seem like a good start to the day.
But by the time I got a third of the way to work I realised that I was actually enjoying biking in the rain. Ok so it was cold, and by the time I got to work I looked and felt a bit like a drowned rat as I dripped my way to reception to get the keys to unlock.
But generally being in the rain for a short period of time, so long as I have somewhere warm and dry to go afterwards, and have dry clothes to change into when I get there is quite invigorating and enjoyable. I like the feeling of drips on my face.
I used to love playing in the rain when I was little until my mum stopped me. And it makes me wonder how many of the things that society teaches us are bad can actually be good if we let them.
So i'm going to try and rediscover some of these things. I don't have any specific ideas in mind, just things that give us those precious moments that so often get lost in the busyness and repetitiveness of day to day life. Feel free to join me if you want :)

4 comments:

Christina said...

Walking in the cold (even when sufficiently wrapped up) is one. Having the wind blowing in your face and hair, and then getting back into the warm... .aaaaaah :)

Unknown said...

Going for a walk in wet weather is rather enjoyable as long as it doesn't turn to sleet. It's also a lot more fun when you don't have glasses so can actually see where your going when walking!

Rebel Heart said...

lots of things, like sex before marriage, paedophilia, bestiality (hey, we think it's ok to eat them - would you rather rape a human or eat one)

but anyhow, obviously your mum didn't want you to catch a cold

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.