Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A boring post about nothing in particular

I got to dress up twice in the past weekend. I like to dress up! It's so much fun.
First I got to dress up as a 1940s girl in my pretty dress. Then for a complete change I dressed up as a pirate for church on Sunday morning.
The Sunday school kids thought it was brilliant that there teacher was a pirate. I have two new boys in my class who are twins. They are the cutest, funniest kids! They have just turned 3, and they don't really know what Sunday school is all about yet so they are still pretty shy- except to each other.
Anyway onto another topic. I am doing a paper this semester called violence in society. It's really interesting, but pretty full on as well. I'm researching for an essay for it at the moment. The topic I'm doing is about Maori victims of domestic abuse, which is again really interesting but not particularly pleasant to read about. Especially the case studies.
I talked to my parents tonight. My conversations with them are pretty mundane and repetitive.
"Hello"
"Hi, It's Rachel"
"How are you?"
"I'm pretty good, what about you?"
"I'm good, What have you been doing?"
"Uni, hanging out with friends, {insert anything else important here}."
"Oh, just the usual then."
"Yep, what have you been up to?"
"Work, golf, {insert some sort of social event here}."
"Sounds good."
"Do you want to talk to Dad?"
"Sure"
"Hi"
"Hi"
Repeat above conversation with my dad instead of my mum.
"I think that's all our news, Bye."
"Ok, Bye."
All up that takes about 5 minutes, sometimes less.
Well I'm going to go now because I'm probably boring everyone since I really have nothing to say (incase you hadn't worked that out already).

No comments: